Welcome to tea!
Exciting news. Tea magazine with tea room guides will be re-launched in 2014 – new look, online and in print. Watch this space for more news.
tea is the place to find out about all things tea: tea rooms in Britain and beyond, tea merchants, tea history, tea paraphernalia, tea anecdotes … If you want to know about tea you’re in the right place and you’re in good company. Known as Britain’s favourite beverage, poured at times of celebration, sadness or stress, tea is central to everyday life in Britain and many other countries across the globe. Whether you’re here to learn, contribute, browse or just from idle curiosi-tea, enjoy your tea with us.
Margaret Thornby, our tea and tea room researcher, has been looking at all the words ending in ‘ty’ and conjuring up interesting tea-related themes. We used one in the past, and this has been used by others – Charitea – but there are many, many more. How about Qualitea (a tea with good character perhaps?) or Crafty (a foxy little tea!)
We’d love to hear your ideas. Tweet them –
Tweet me please
Those of you who use Twitter may have seen that Margaret Thornby, our tea and tea room aficionado, has been posting regular tweets on all things tea and a few other things – tea and stuff you might say! Follow her @TearoomGuide
- Edith & Bob
- More lovely tea products!
- Bid on our tea cosies!
- Tea Cosy Competition - the Winners
- PiP Studios
- Enter our Tea Cosy Competition
- Margaret Thornby reviews East India Company Marmalade
- Spring TEA magazine on its way
- Happy New Year from all the team at Poppy’s Tea Room, Thaxted.
- Tea Masterclass with Jane Pettigrew
- Celebrate vintage glamour and host a tea party to help save the lives of the women we love
- Bring in the New Year with a new tea
- There’s a good tea room near me ...
- Margaret Thornby Guide now available on Kindle
- Tea & Tearoom talk appear on the BBC!
- Our Tea Talk Xmas gift guide
- Never boil a kettle again - win a kettle tap
- Do you know a tea room in need of help?
- Poppy’s tea rooms crowned the best tea shop in Essex
- Nigel Havers attends ‘Charitea’ Book Launch at The Savoy
- Tea in the Autumn
- Bothams Christmas treats
- Calling all Girl Geeks - Chi-TEK Tea Party at the V&A
- Poppy’s on the Radio
- Spring into TEA
- Afternoon Tea revival
- Knit a tea Cosy to help raise money for Avoncroft Museum
- Get tea talking
- Don’t miss your Spring TEA
- Royaltea ...
- More tea rooms
- Great meal shame about the tea
- TEA for 2011
- Dormouse and the teapot invite you to LOVE February
- Marie Antoinette themed tea party
- TEA on its way
- Your Autumn tea
- Caddymatic tea dispensers
- Don’t miss your Summer tea
- A celebration of tea rooms and tea
- Tea caddy spoon mystery
- Wandering with tea?
- Easter Tea
- Bothams launch new ginger parkin
- Spring TEA
- Last minute Mother’s Day?
- Margaret Thornby on Radio Scotland
- So what is a Spon?
- Still time to order great tea gifts for Christmas
- Christmas all wrapped up
- All Change
- Did you know?
- Tea in Market Harborough
- Still time to enter Autumn competitions
- Don’t miss your Autumn TEA
- Great gift solutions
- charity tea time
- News from Botham’s of Whitby
- Strictly tea dancing
- Give to charitea and win a prize
- NEWS from Bothams of Whitby
- TEA in the Autumn
- No such thing as a free lunch
- Why is tea so ace?
- Margaret Thornby’s credit crunch tea challenge
- Fair trade?