Want to lose weight, look good and feel great this summer? Lorraine Kelly’s WW Coach, Susie Stirling, shares her tips!
If you’ve been trying to get your weight down while looking good and feeling great, forget punishing fad diets and starvation and follow these simple wellness tips from Lorraine Kelly’s WW coach Suzie Stirling
- Move more– moving is about more than going to the gym or running a 5K. It’s about finding an activity you love and will want to do whatever the weather. Whether it’s a dog walk in the morning, taking the stairs rather than the escalator, or doing some stretches while watching TV, finding something you can build into your everyday life will make you feel better and help you reach your goal. Lorraine has a border terrier called Angus and she walks him every day. She also booked herself onto a walking holiday in Spain where she tackled a mountain a day!
- Eat a good breakfast – you should start the day as you mean to go on. Your body needs to be fuelled with good food and you should always try and have a healthy breakfast. It will help when it comes to avoiding mid-morning snacks. Lorraine has a bowl of porridge each morning topped with fruit. It fills her up and means she doesn’t reach for the pastries that are always readily available at work.
- Prep – it does take a bit of thought to eat a really healthy diet that’s good for you, but there are loads of time saving hacks you can use. For example, cook extra food in an evening meal and keep it for lunch the next day. This will save time and often money. You can also freeze meals and there are plenty of simple 5-minute lunch recipes on the WW app. If you have no option, but to buy food out and about, consider healthy choices. Lorraine learned to cook from scratch on the WW programme and was surprised to discover that she really enjoys it. She takes homemade soups into work that she makes with her daughter Rosie.
- Go bananas – this superfood is Lorraine’s go-to snack. Bananas are rich in goodness and healthy fibres that help curb appetite and they are incredibly versatile. You can chop them up and freeze them to make into ice-cold smoothies or an instantly refreshing ice-cream
- Simple Swaps– there is no such thing as ‘good’ or ‘bad’ food and nothing is off limits on the WW programme. Lorraine loves chocolate and had got into the habit of eating lots of it before bed. She didn’t want to give it up for good, so now she has a big bowl of fruit, such as berries, melon and mango, which she dips into a little pot of WW Chocolate Spread.
- Get support – you are not alone. There are lots of people out there happy to support you on your wellness journey and hold you to account, if that’s what you need. Lorraine loves the WW Connect social network as she likes to dip in and see people just like her – there’s a group for everyone no matter what your reasons are for wanting to get healthier. Lorraine likes the feeling of ‘we’re all in this together’. When she first joined WW members had no idea they were chatting to THE Lorraine off the telly!
- Find a cheerleader– having a coach is invaluable to Lorraine – a constant voice of reason, support and personal cheerleader to celebrate the wins and also be there when it feels tough.
- Healthy food isn’t boring– Lorraine was always surprised at the variety of tasty meals she could make that tasted incredible so that she never felt deprived. Her favourite discovery is the Whipped Feta Dip from the new WW Everyday Cookbook. She also managed to carry on enjoying evenings out with friends and entertained at home. In restaurants, she usually chooses a fish dish. Lorraine loves Thai food too and would use the WW app to find the healthiest dishes at her favourite restaurant.
- Celebrate the everyday wins– Lorraine loves a challenge and having a reward to work towards gave her extra incentive to get to goal. She loved that each day she would get a new blue dot on the app as recognition for staying within her perfect tracking zone. After a really good week, she often rewards herself with a glass of wine and was recently seen enjoying cream with her strawberries at Wimbledon.
- Zero heroes– the WW programme contains foods with zero PersonalPointsTM and Lorraine would fill up on these. Members get to choose what foods are Zero for them and Lorraine has vegetables on her list – she will eat roasted vegetables with just about anything!
Join Lorraine and her WW coach Suzie Stirling for an Instagram Live on Monday July 18th at 6pm. To find out more about how you can look good and feel fabulous like Lorraine and get 50% off WW membership, visit: https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/ambassadors/lorraine-kelly-offer