A cracking Easter weekend is just a train ride away!
- 1 in 3 families in the UK believe Easter is just as important as Christmas
- 4 in 10 people think it’s important to do something special as a family on Easter weekend
- Railcard.co.uk reveals the top 3 Easter Egg hunts in the UK
Soon children across Britain will be setting off on a hunt at their homes in search of chocolate eggs. For many families, Easter is just as important as Christmas (33%), and unsurprisingly, almost half say their children would be disappointed if they didn’t get to do an Easter Egg hunt (48%).
Research from Railcard.co.uk suggests that for four in ten people, it’s important to do something special as a family on Easter weekend (40%), so this year, why not take the hunt out of the home and arrange an egg-cellent day of fun? To make it easy, Railcard.co.uk has uncovered three of the best places to search out as many foil-wrapped chocolate treats as possible.
1. Easter egg hunt at Charlecote Park, Warwick – A grand 16th century country house surrounded by its own deer park on the banks of the river Avon
Nearest train station: Warwick
2. Easter Adventure Quest at Scarborough Castle, North Yorkshire – Explore the castle grounds to hunt for clues and challenges.
Nearest train station: Scarborough
3. Lindt Gold Bunny Hunt at Hampton Court Palace – Run free in the 60 acres of Henry VIII’s gardens to find the hidden Lindt gold bunny.
Nearest train station: Hampton Court
To save money on travel, and therefore have more money in the bank for what matters most (chocolate!) consider traveling with a Family & Friends Railcard. Doing so means that up to four adults can benefit from 1/3 off train fares and four children aged between 5 and 15 can get an egg-squisite 60% off, saving you an average of £150 per year.
Even better, when purchasing through Railcard.co.uk, families can enjoy a variety of deals that can be used on Easter weekend and beyond. These include:
- Tastecard – 3‐month tastecard membership for free. Get 2 for 1 meals or 50% off food at thousands of big name and local independent restaurants nationwide with tastecard; the UK’s biggest dining club.
- Haven Holidays – Save up to £50 on top of Haven’s best direct prices with your Railcard.
- Virgin Experience Days – Save 20% with your Family & Friends Railcard on Virgin Experience Days.
For more information and to buy a Railcard today, visit Railcard.co.uk