Coffee is my Cup of Tea: NESCAFÉ® has launched the first ever Afternoon Coffee menu with recipes to recreate at home
- NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® has launched an ‘Afternoon Coffee’ menu in partnership with London School of Coffee – a twist on the classic ‘Afternoon Tea’ menu
- Menu was created using expert food pairing insights and each item is perfectly paired with a NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® pod
- Research conducted by NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® reveals that 84% of Brits drink coffee DAILY and 76% of Brits like to eat food while enjoying their afternoon coffee
NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® has launched the first ever ‘Afternoon Coffee’ menu in partnership with London School of Coffee, following research revealing that coffee is increasingly becoming a more popular choice Brits’ afternoon drink of choice.
NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® has collaborated with London School of Coffee, the first coffee training facility in the UK, to create a bespoke menu for people to recreate at home based on food pairing insights, with each item perfectly paired with a NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® pod.
With research commissioned by NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® revealing that 76% of Brits like to eat something whilst enjoying their afternoon coffee, the aim of this menu is to inspire consumers on what to pair a freshly brewed cup of coffee with.
Briony May Williams, host of Food Unwrapped on Channel 4 and former Great British Bake-Off finalist, has partnered with NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® to recreate the menu in her own kitchen. With research showing that nearly 50% of Brits are eager to learn more about coffee and food pairings, the menu is the perfect way to help fill that desire.
The Afternoon Coffee menu, created by coffee expert and trainer Antonia Godward, includes:
- Tart Au Chocolat – paired with NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® Flat White or NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® Café Au Lait pods
- Honey, Pistachio Rose Cake – paired with the NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® Americano pod
- Courtesan Au Chocolat – paired with the NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® Americano pod
- Choux Buns with Cream Cheese, Cucumber, Thyme & Honey – paired with the NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® Americano pod
- Wholemeal Cheese Scones – paired with the NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® Flat White or NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® Café Au Lait pods
- Cardamon Shortbread – paired with the NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® Chococino pod
Yasmin Kadan, Social Media & Community Manager at NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto®, commented: “We’re incredibly excited to partner with a well-respected institution like London School of Coffee to create this first-of-a-kind menu. The coffee market has been growing significantly in the UK in recent years, so we thought this would be a great opportunity to subvert the classic tradition of ‘Afternoon Tea’, turning it into ‘Afternoon Coffee’. We hope consumers will be inspired by the delicious options on the menu.”
Antonia Godward, Trainer at London School of Coffee, said: “We were delighted to be able to partner with NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto to create the first ever Afternoon Coffee menu. I have always been passionate about good quality coffee and have extensive background in food pairings, having been a pastry chef in a previous life, so I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into this. We’ve seen that over the last few years, Brits are increasingly turning into a nation of coffee drinkers, so hopefully people will see the menu and want to re-create it at home to accompany their brew!”
Briony Williams, Host of Food Unwrapped, Channel 4, commented: “Obviously I’m a foodie at heart, but equally a bit of a coffee addict. Not only do I love an afternoon cup of coffee, but I also love how versatile coffee is as an ingredient. The Afternoon Coffee menu is unique and delicious, as well as being very accessible to recreate at home.”
With coffee increasingly becoming more popular over the years, NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® is excited to contribute something new to continually build on the coffee shop at home experience.