Pairing a midi dress with a pair of white trainers is still very much a trend this summer, but scuffed, grubby and grey shoes can ruin the look. How do you keep your trainers white and looking great all summer long and beyond?
Easy, just follow these white trainer care tips:
- The simplest solution when it comes to keeping your trainers white is to use specialist wipes, like the double-sided Sneaker Wipes by Sneaker Shield. These can be used for general cleaning and have a textured side for more stubborn stains.
- When it comes to keeping your sneakers clean, nothing works better than pre-emptive measures. Use Sneaker Spray by Sneaker Shield to keep your shoes clean and prolong their life. The spray creates a barrier that repels liquids and prevents stains and it works on canvas, nubuck and suede.
Use washing powder
- Remove laces and dab any stubborn stains with a cloth soaked in lukewarm water.
- Mix some washing powder with hot water in a bowl.
- Dampen a cloth in the soapy water and wring to remove excess water.
- Rub it over any stains until they have disappeared.
- Allow to dry in a warm room
- If your trainers are leather, apply a natural oil such as almond oil, to stop it from cracking.
- Apply any white toothpaste to rubber areas of your shoes with a toothbrush
- Leave for 10 minutes
- Wipe with a damp cloth
- Allow to dry
Leverage the power of vinegar and baking soda (rubber and canvas only)
- Make a paste with one tablespoon of white vinegar, one of hot water and another of baking soda.
- Apply to the shoe*.
- Remove with lukewarm water and allow to dry
When to use the washing machine
It is never advisable to put leather trainers in the washing machine, but some canvas brands like Converse or nylon trainers, wash well. Remove any obvious dirt with warm water and a soft brush first, and put the shoes on a delicate cold cycle with a tablespoon of liquid detergent. This method can keep white canvas trainers looking as good as new over a long period of time. You should never use bleach on your shoes. Once your trainers are washed, leave them to dry in a warm room.
And finally, when your trainers are sparkling white, you might want to consider making sure they don’t get ruined by creases around the toe. Sneaker Shield’s crease protectors can be worn comfortably to prevent wrinkles while you walk.
For more information on trainer care and products, visit: https://www.sneaker-shield.co.uk/
* Always do a test patch first, preferably somewhere that is not visible.