Chocs Away – It’s World Chocolate Day, as M&S Celebrate the Occasion with chocolate treats and a delicious new recipe to bake at home
Chocolate lovers rejoice! Here’s our top choc-tastic news ahead of World Chocolate Day on Wednesday 7th July.
RICHER THAN A ROOM OF MULTI-MILLIONAIRES… IT’S OUR BELGIAN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE SAUCE!…
This decadent chocolate sauce is just pure naughtiness… Made with 40% Fairtrade Belgian chocolate and SUPER versatile, we honestly can’t think of a situation it wouldn’t improve. Drizzle it over fruit (#health) or over your favourite ice cream, or do what we do and eat it straight out of the jar!
Belgian Chocolate Truffle Sauce 260g, £3.30
NEVER GET CAUGHT SHORT AGAIN WITH OUR EMERGENCY BROWNIES…
Sometimes there are moments in life that call for emergency brownies – situations where you REALLY need that gooey, moist chocolate fix in the next few minutes (you know what we’re talking about). Well help is at hand! With our new fresh Belgian chocolate brownie dough, you can have a fresh batch of THE SQUIDGIEST warm brownies in your hands in less than 20 minutes. Simply whack in the oven, come back in a quarter of an hour, and devour (sharing optional!)
Belgian Chocolate Brownie Dough 350g, £3
CARAMILK? NO THANKS, WE’RE LEGALLY BLOND! ?
Since launching our new Golden Blond Chocolate Bar a few weeks ago we’ve been delighted with the feedback from customers and press around how it’s BIGGER and BETTER VALUE than a certain other blond chocolate bar making it’s way over from Australia… And it’s clear that golden blond is a trend that’s here to stay – sales of the bar are now growing 160% week-on-week on average, and showing no signs of slowing down!
Golden Blond Chocolate 100g, £1
COLIN THE CATERPILLAR DEBUTS IN COOKIE FORM…
Could this be THE MOST exciting Colin creation YET?! This ready-to-bake kit makes four chocolatey cookies with colourful chocolate beans and mini Colin faces to decorate! Or for a more traditional cookie, try our new SUPER convenient fresh Belgian chocolate cookie dough – irresistibly indulgent vanilla dough packed with rich chocolate chips. Both are suitable for vegetarians and also gluten-free.
Colin the Caterpillar™ Cookie Dough 189g, £3
Belgian Milk Chocolate Cookie Dough 204g, £3
TRY JULIET SEAR’S CHOCOLATE & SALTED CARAMEL TRAY BAKE…
Author, presenter and This Morning’s resident baking expert, Juliet Sear, has been busy experimenting with our new Homebaking range and has created this stunning chocolate & salted caramel traybake using our Chocolate Sponge Mix, £2.80; Indulgent Chocolate and Salted Caramel Icing Tubs, £2 each; and Chocolate Medley Sprinkles, £1.50.
Juliet says: “This incredibly beautiful traybake is an absolute dream for chocolate lovers. If you have some fancy nozzles, it makes the traybake look so pretty. Or use blobs of different icings swirled through with a palette knife to create a marble-effect top.”
Makes 16-20 1-inch squares
- 1 box (400g) M&S chocolate sponge mix
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 100ml milk
- 1 bar (100g) white or golden blond chocolate
- 1 bar (100g) milk or dark chocolate
- 1 tub (100g) M&S indulgent chocolate icing
- 1 tub (100g) M&S sea-salted caramel icing
- 1 pot (75g) M&S chocolate medley sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Line an 8×10-inch tin with baking paper.
- Make the sponge mix according to the packet instructions.
- Fold in the broken chocolate chunks to the mixture, pour into the tin and level off.
- Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until baked but still a little fudgy, with a slight wobble.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes, then remove and cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, carefully invert and remove the parchment paper (it’s handy to use a large board or additional rack) and flip over.
- Place on a rack or rectangular board and fill two piping bags with the icings, using different-sized nozzles to get a pretty, textured effect. Decorate by holding the piping bag vertical to the bake and the nozzle close to the sponge, squeezing little blobs and stars of mixed sizes in a random style to create a pretty, two-tone colour pattern. Alternatively, add mixed blobs and swirl them together with a palette knife to create a marbled top.
- Finish with some white-chocolate sprinkles from the chocolate medley tub.