Nigel Havers attends ‘Charitea’ Book Launch at The Savoy
Well-known actor and much-loved ‘charmer’, Nigel Havers, caused quite a stir when he attended the launch of the new Quiller title, Distinguished Leaves: Poems for tea-lovers on Friday 23 September, in aid of Samaritans’ Chad Varah Appeal.
The charity launch was generously hosted by one of London’s top hotels, The Savoy, and around 100 people from the literary, food and tea industry gathered to enjoy a taster of tea poems from Distinguished Leaves author and ‘Britain’s Tea Poet’, Elizabeth Darcy Jones.
Nigel Havers who has written the foreword to Distinguished Leaves said: “It was an honour to write the foreword to this delightful little book of tea-poems, and to be part of this wonderful event in support of such a worthwhile charity. It’s great that Samaritans will benefit from the book, I hope it sells really well.”
Guest of Honour at the event, Felicity Varah Harding, daughter of Chad Varah, Samaritans’ founder said: “My father adored reading poems and would have loved the idea of a poetry book in support of Samaritans. I would like to offer my heartfelt thanks to both Elizabeth Darcy Jones and The Savoy Hotel for hosting this event.”
Friday’s launch event marked the start of a four-month nationwide tour which will see Elizabeth Darcy Jones travelling across the UK raising funds for local Samaritans’ branches through ticket sales or donations from her one-woman tea-related show. Elizabeth is a volunteer at the Kingston branch of the charity and she will be donating £1 to Samaritans Chad Varah Appeal from every copy of the book she sells.
Edith & Bob
If you’ve not already discovered Edith & Bob then you’ll love their lovely gifts for food lovers. Find out more about them at Read more…
More lovely tea products!
I mentioned the ‘Buttons’ design teapots and also the sugar and creamer set that I was rather taken with in John Lewis – here’s the teapots in all their glory.
They’re from Read more…
- Bid on our tea cosies!
- Tea Cosy Competition - the Winners
- PiP Studios
- Enter our Tea Cosy Competition
- Margaret Thornby reviews East India Company Marmalade
- Spring TEA magazine on its way
- Happy New Year from all the team at Poppy’s Tea Room, Thaxted.
- Tea Masterclass with Jane Pettigrew
- Celebrate vintage glamour and host a tea party to help save the lives of the women we love
- Bring in the New Year with a new tea
- There’s a good tea room near me ...
- Margaret Thornby Guide now available on Kindle
- Tea & Tearoom talk appear on the BBC!
- Our Tea Talk Xmas gift guide
- Never boil a kettle again - win a kettle tap
- Do you know a tea room in need of help?
- Poppy’s tea rooms crowned the best tea shop in Essex
- Tea in the Autumn
- Bothams Christmas treats
- Calling all Girl Geeks - Chi-TEK Tea Party at the V&A
- Poppy’s on the Radio
- Spring into TEA
- Afternoon Tea revival
- Knit a tea Cosy to help raise money for Avoncroft Museum
- Get tea talking
- Don’t miss your Spring TEA
- Royaltea ...
- More tea rooms
- Great meal shame about the tea
- TEA for 2011
- Dormouse and the teapot invite you to LOVE February
- Marie Antoinette themed tea party
- TEA on its way
- Your Autumn tea
- Caddymatic tea dispensers
- Don’t miss your Summer tea
- A celebration of tea rooms and tea
- Tea caddy spoon mystery
- Wandering with tea?
- Easter Tea
- Bothams launch new ginger parkin
- Spring TEA
- Last minute Mother’s Day?
- Margaret Thornby on Radio Scotland
- So what is a Spon?
- Still time to order great tea gifts for Christmas
- Christmas all wrapped up
- All Change
- Did you know?
- Tea in Market Harborough
- Still time to enter Autumn competitions
- Don’t miss your Autumn TEA
- Great gift solutions
- charity tea time
- News from Botham’s of Whitby
- Strictly tea dancing
- Give to charitea and win a prize
- NEWS from Bothams of Whitby
- TEA in the Autumn
- No such thing as a free lunch
- Why is tea so ace?
- Margaret Thornby’s credit crunch tea challenge
- Fair trade?