Bid on our tea cosies!
We all had a great time looking at the wonderful tea cosies that had been made for our competition; the judges had the difficult task of deciding who would win from the excellent handiwork of the entrants. Decide they did, however, and now the cosies are up for auction. Make your selection by number and name, enter your bid by emailing your name, address and email address plus your bid price by 5pm on 27 March 2012. There is a reserve price of £5 on each cosy. Once we have received all bids, we will inform the highest bidder for each cosy, who can then purchase their wonderful cosy. Where we receive more than one bid at the same price we will enter all bids into the ‘secret teapot’, picking out the bid for acceptance.
Download the bidding sheet here
Margaret Thornby, our tea and tea room researcher, has been looking at all the words ending in ‘ty’ and conjuring up interesting tea-related themes. We used one in the past, and this has been used by others – Charitea – but there are many, many more. How about Qualitea (a tea with good character perhaps?) or Crafty (a foxy little tea!)
We’d love to hear your ideas. Tweet them –
Tweet me please
Those of you who use Twitter may have seen that Margaret Thornby, our tea and tea room aficionado, has been posting regular tweets on all things tea and a few other things – tea and stuff you might say! Follow her @TearoomGuide
- Edith & Bob
- More lovely tea products!
- Tea Cosy Competition - the Winners
- PiP Studios
- Enter our Tea Cosy Competition
- Margaret Thornby reviews East India Company Marmalade
- Spring TEA magazine on its way
- Happy New Year from all the team at Poppy’s Tea Room, Thaxted.
- Tea Masterclass with Jane Pettigrew
- Celebrate vintage glamour and host a tea party to help save the lives of the women we love
- Bring in the New Year with a new tea
- There’s a good tea room near me ...
- Margaret Thornby Guide now available on Kindle
- Tea & Tearoom talk appear on the BBC!
- Our Tea Talk Xmas gift guide
- Never boil a kettle again - win a kettle tap
- Do you know a tea room in need of help?
- Poppy’s tea rooms crowned the best tea shop in Essex
- Nigel Havers attends ‘Charitea’ Book Launch at The Savoy
- Tea in the Autumn
- Bothams Christmas treats
- Calling all Girl Geeks - Chi-TEK Tea Party at the V&A
- Poppy’s on the Radio
- Spring into TEA
- Afternoon Tea revival
- Knit a tea Cosy to help raise money for Avoncroft Museum
- Get tea talking
- Don’t miss your Spring TEA
- Royaltea ...
- More tea rooms
- Great meal shame about the tea
- TEA for 2011
- Dormouse and the teapot invite you to LOVE February
- Marie Antoinette themed tea party
- TEA on its way
- Your Autumn tea
- Caddymatic tea dispensers
- Don’t miss your Summer tea
- A celebration of tea rooms and tea
- Tea caddy spoon mystery
- Wandering with tea?
- Easter Tea
- Bothams launch new ginger parkin
- Spring TEA
- Last minute Mother’s Day?
- Margaret Thornby on Radio Scotland
- So what is a Spon?
- Still time to order great tea gifts for Christmas
- Christmas all wrapped up
- All Change
- Did you know?
- Tea in Market Harborough
- Still time to enter Autumn competitions
- Don’t miss your Autumn TEA
- Great gift solutions
- charity tea time
- News from Botham’s of Whitby
- Strictly tea dancing
- Give to charitea and win a prize
- NEWS from Bothams of Whitby
- TEA in the Autumn
- No such thing as a free lunch
- Why is tea so ace?
- Margaret Thornby’s credit crunch tea challenge
- Fair trade?